APAC’s export engine is fading in 2023
- Weaker Economic Growth: Slowing global economy due to the rapid pace of rate hikes and inflation.
- Expect No Recession: Moody’s Analytics expect Asia Pacific to avoid a recession, except for New Zealand.
- Decreasing Exports: Some electronic goods produced in the Philippines, Taiwan, Korea, and Singapore are no longer in high demand.
India needs a resilient supply chain
- India Becoming A Multimodal Logistics Hub: Government launched new infrastructure projects such as Sagarmala for waterways, Bharatmala for roads, and Dedicated Freight Corridor.
- Digitalizing Supply Chains: India aims to enable trucking firms operate electronically and help shippers create optimized value chain.
- Right Technology Partner: Firms are advised to work with providers with deep expertise in logistic execution and visibility.
Vietnam logistic speeds up post-pandemic
- Industry Booms: Occupancy rate for warehouses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi last year was over 90%.
- Further Use Of Automation: Developed countries use automation to cut costs in half compared to Vietnam.
- Logistic Share Growing: Vietnam’s logistics industry is anticipated to grow 15-20% annually by 2025, when it reaches $80 billion.
Asia Airline hacked and data was stolen
- Ransomware Attack On Airline: Ransomware group withheld customer information against the airline.
- Leaked Data: Cybercriminal wants threatened to leak network information, privately and publicly available on forums.
- Lack of Standard: Hacker was irritated by the network’s disorganized structure and the lack of standards.